Tuesday, April 6, 2010


Good Friday my two sons and I went to a local park. It was an unusually warm day, especially for Cleveland when it's snowing at this time of year more often than not. At 80+ degrees, it wasn't surprising to see these happy little reptiles sunning themselves! We tried catching them, but never got quite close enough. I am strangely fond of reptiles, even snakes. I don't really know why. I just find them fascinating. I like the way they slither on their bellies without legs, the way they feel, their quick silent movements, and natural earthy colors. They're just one long slender muscle!
I have drawn several reptile pictures, usually of lizards. As I was downloading this snake picture, I came across these drawings and decided to play with them a bit. I am now wondering if I should make them available for purchase as an ACEO series, "Primarily Lizards". I'd love to hear what you think!












10 comments:

  1. Wow! Imagine being able to see snakes on your walks! I get excited if I see a heron or a kingfisher on mine!
    The drawings are really good. I've never bought an ACEO so I really don't have any idea how well yours or anyone else's is likely to go. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these would make great ACEOs. There are many lizard lovers out there who would love to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do like the one with the snake wrapped around the arm. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching snake too, I collect shed skin from snakes. All your sketches are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would definitely be worthwhile to make ACEO's of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a snake sunning itself at the end of the driveway. Luckily it was gone by the time I returned home : ) The lizards are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a fan of snakes, I have to admit, but those drawings are wonderful!! I don't fully understand the ACEO concept but they seem to be very popular so I say Absolutely to the idea of offering them for purchase!! God Bless, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like snakes too - they're very peaceful and eat a lots of bugs in the garden. As a child, I had some pet chameleons which I loved. Your drawings are beautiful and well worth making into ACEO's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, afraid I'm not a huge snake fan... but I do love lizards ;-) Your drawings are really cool! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lizards most of all! I think your drawings are so cool and so glad to meet another Clevelander! YOu must tell me more about your fitness work!!

    ReplyDelete